Promotions and Digital Content Management Internship at Cumulus Broadcasting, Summer, Fall & Spring
Description: Cumulus Broadcasting is located in Columbia, MO but is responsible for radio stations here and in Jefferson City. Our market operates eight radio stations: 102.3 BXR, Q 106.1, Nash FM 100.1, Z 104.1,
101.5 KPLA, News Talk 1400 KFRU, COOL 97.5 and 1240 KLIK. The Promotions Department is in charge of planning the events for each of our eight stations. The Promotions team also manages all of the station
websites, social media and digital content. This department communicates with all aspects of this business, from the Sales and Marketing Department to the Program Directors and on-air teams.
- Will assist Promotions Director prepare for upcoming events
- Consists of hanging banners before concerts, gathering station promo materials, setting up rooms for events
- Assisting listeners with contesting at events
- Following up with business owners and station program directors to make sure everything is ok before, during and after event
- Will work with all departments of radio
- Production – learning how to write, record, voice and produce radio advertisements.
- Programming – learning how commercials are put on air
- Sales – learning how to market radio to our diverse audiences
- Promotions – learn how an event is put together from beginning to end
- Digital Content Creation and social media campaign management
- On-Air – Interns are encouraged to learn how the studios are operated
- Web/Graphic Design
- Must be available to work some nights/weekends
- Must be prompt and dressed appropriately
- Must be responsible
- Must be energetic, confident, creative and a quick learner
This internship is unpaid; all applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university. Intern must earn college credit for the duration of the internship.
If interested, please send your résumé to Brian.Wilson@cumulus.com. No phone calls, please.
CUMULUS MEDIA – Columbia / Jefferson City (KBXR, KJMO, KZJF, KFRU, KLIK, KPLA, KOQL and NASH) is seeking a talented Outside (B2B) Sales Representative who thrives in a fast-paced working environment. We are identifying highly competitive individuals with a proven track record of over-achieving sales goals. In return, we offer a unique career opportunity: one where you are given a challenging mission, world-class tools to help you succeed, and the chance to realize your full potential as a sale’s professional.
- Recognized top sales performer with a track record of over-achieving sales goals (top 10-20% of company) in past positions
- Able to identify client business needs and proactively develop customized advertising solutions to meet client objectives
- Excel at prospecting and aggressively seeking new clientele by networking, cold calling, canvassing, referrals or other means
- Have strong listening and presentation skills and the ability to quickly build lucrative client relationships
- Stay abreast of the competitive landscape and emerging technologies to best position Cumulus in the marketplace
- Possess rare people skills which allow you to get out in front of problems and proactively provide solutions
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay with uncapped earning potential
- A product that you can be passionate about selling
- Training equivalent to acquiring a Sales-MBA
- Recognition and reward for outstanding performance
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance package
- 401K with company match to plan for the long term
- Vacation & Holidays to enjoy the fruits of your labor
Who We Are:
A leader in the Radio Broadcasting industry, Cumulus Media combines high-quality local programming with iconic, nationally syndicated media, sports and entertainment brands to deliver premium content choices to the 245 million people reached each week through its 454 owned-and-operated stations broadcasting in 90 US media markets (including eight of the top 10), more than 8,200 broadcast radio stations affiliated with its Westwood One network and numerous digital channels.
Together, the Cumulus/Westwood One platforms make Cumulus Media one of the few media companies that can provide advertisers with national reach and local impact. Cumulus/Westwood One is the exclusive radio broadcast partner to some of the largest brands in sports and entertainment, including the NFL, the NCAA, the Masters, the Olympics, and the GRAMMYs. Additionally, it is the nation’s leading provider of country music and lifestyle content through its NASH brand, which serves country fans nationwide through radio programming, NASH Country Weekly magazine, concerts, licensed products and Television / video.
Cumulus Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.