Newstalk KFRU is proud to sponsor the 2019 Jingle Bell Run, held on Saturday, December 7th in support of the Arthritis Foundation.
Be part of the largest holiday-themed 5K race series anywhere – and join the movement to conquer arthritis!
The Arthritis Foundation’s Jingle Bell Run is a fun way to get out, get moving and raise funds and awareness to cure America’s #1 cause of disability. In communities nationwide, this annual event brings together people from all walks of life to shout “Yes, we will live life to its fullest while searching for a cure!” As a Champion of Yes, kick off your holidays by helping conquer arthritis once and for all!
Wear a holiday-themed costume. Tie jingle bells to your shoelaces. Show off your ugly Christmas sweater. Complete a 5-kilometer run or walk with your team members, spreading smiles, good cheer and a winning spirit … and be a Champion of Yes!
Some facts about Arthritis:
- Arthritis is America’s #1 cause of disability
- Arthritis affects people of ALL ages, races and ethnic groups
- 64% of the 54 million adults with arthritis are under 65
- It is the cause of 172 million missed works day and $156 billion in lost wages and medical expenses each year
- Artritis prevalence is greater than Breast Cancer, Diabetes, Alzheimer’s and Austism combined – 54 million total
For more information and registration for the Jingle Bell Run visit http://www.jbr.org/columbia